B12 injections are a convenient way to replenish and maintain your body’s health and wellness. When the B12 directly enters the bloodstream, it bypasses the stomach. It is a superior method of absorption for the body when compared to taking B12 orally, such as in the diet, tablet, or liquid form. Schedule an appointment with Texas Laser and Aesthetics in Austin for an individualized consultation to see if B12 injections are right for you.
Some reported benefits of B12 injections include:
- Reduced depression and improved cognitive function
- Reduced fatigue
- Improved metabolism, which could improve appetite, sleep and energy levels
- Reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, and other medical conditions
- Reduced neuropathy (nerve damage) in people with diabetes
What is B12?
B12 is a naturally occurring vitamin that is essential to many bodily functions, including:
- Making DNA and RNA in our body’s cells
- Producing energy for the body
- Maintaining a healthy brain, spinal cord, and nerves
- Forming red blood cells, which are essential to carry oxygen to our tissues
- Helping with healthy development of the fetus
Who is Vitamin B12 deficient?
B12 is mainly present in animal-based foods such as fish, meat, eggs, and dairy. B12 is stored in the liver for up to six years, so people diagnosed with B12 deficiency often have had low levels for a long time. Older adults, especially those 65-and-above may be low in B12 due to reduced levels of stomach acid.
Other risk factors for B12 deficiency include:
- Alcohol intake
- Gastrointestinal problems such as Crohn’s, gastric bypass
- Some prescription medications
- Pernicious anemia, as the body cannot absorb B12 through the stomach
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of B12 Deficiency?
Since B12 is so vital to so many functions in multiple body systems, insufficient B12 can lead to many problems.
Some of these include:
- Lethargy and general weakness
- Feeling faint or dizzy
- Mood changes, such as depression
- Tingling or pins and needles
- Problems with balance
- Memory loss
- Sore, swollen tongue
- Mouth ulcers
- Heart palpitations
- Visual loss
Would you like to learn how you can benefit from B12 injections Austin and how it may improve your health and wellness? Contact Texas Laser and Aesthetics in Austin today to schedule your consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!