Upcoming Course Dates:
- September 7th-September 10th (Zoom theory 9AM-6PM) *in-person option available
Training Materials Include:
- Laser Hair Removal: Consultation Form
- Laser Hair Removal: Contraindications
- Laser Hair Removal: Consent Forms
- Laser Hair Removal: Photo Sensitizing Medications
- Laser Hair Removal: Pre & Post Treatment Care
- Laser Hair Removal: Treatment Record/Documentation
- Laser Hair Removal: Treatment Room Setup
- State & Federal Laws + Links
- List of Reference Materials
- Manufacturer User Manuals
Additional Training Materials:
- TLATA Course Workbook
- Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation: Laser Hair Removal Administrative Rules & Regulations
- FDA Medical Device Reporting Laws
- Course Description
Apprentice in Training is often the first class we suggest our students take if they are looking to enter the world of medical aesthetics. This is the first portion of training required to obtain your Laser Hair Removal Technician License.
Subjects covered in Apprentice in Training will also suffice for Laser Hair Removal Continuing Education Hour Requirements.
You will be introduced to a variety of subjects, ranging from patient consultations to laser physics. This is what we sometimes refer to as the “driver’s ed” of Laser, (though way less snooze-worthy), simply because it is the required foundation you need to advance to additional laser courses. And even though this course is a state requirement, we like to think that Apprentice in Training is so good, you’d want to join in even if it wasn’t.
At Texas Laser and Aesthetics, not only do we take a great amount of pride in the quality of our education, we love providing our students with a comfortable and, dare we say it…FUN learning environment. Apprentice in Training is a 4-day, 40-hour course taught by instructors who are passionate about sharing their years of knowledge and experience to those getting started in the medical aesthetics industry. Your time is valuable, so know that at TLATA we are dedicated to making each hour interesting and worthwhile.
Current Training Inventory
Daily Schedule: 9AM – 6PM
- 9AM – 11:45AM (Theory)
- 11:45AM – 12PM (Break)
- 12PM – 1PM (Theory)
- 1PM – 2PM (Lunch)
- 2PM – 3PM (Theory)
- 3PM – 4PM (Theory)
- 4PM – 4:15PM (Break)
- 4:15PM – 5:15PM (Theory)
- 5:15PM – 6PM (Theory)
- LHR Device Safety
- Laser Physics
- Skin Typing
- Skin Reactions
- Treatment Protocols
- Eye Protection
- Post-Treatment Protocols
- Review of client’s pre-existing conditions to determine if consultation with a consulting physician is needed for possible diagnosis or treatment
- Review of client’s previous hair removal procedures by another modality
- Review of client’s current medications to determine if any medications need to be brought to the attention of the consulting physician based on established protocols
- Proper signage and posting
- Use of a LHR device
- Anesthesia used in conjunction with LHR procedures
As of November, 2017, The Laser Hair Removal Technician License is regulated by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation. Laser Hair Removal licensing requirements vary from state to state, but you can be confident that your instructors are well versed in the Texas laws and regulations and will teach you everything you’ll need to know to be successful.
•18 Years of Age or Older
•Successfully Pass a Criminal History Background Test
•Valid Photo Identification
•High school diploma/ Transcript or GED
•Complete Cardiopulmonary Training & Certification (included in enrollment)
•Complete the enrollment process (enrollment agreement) in accordance with the Texas Education Code, Chapter 132
Frequently Asked Laser Hair Removal Licensing Questions
- Is this right for me?
Our apprentice course is filled each month with a wide variety of students. Some come to us already working in the industry and are looking to expand their knowledge and skill sets. Others are brand new to Aesthetics and come eager to make a career change. We love the diversity in our classes and make it our goal to provide an interesting and educational four days that those of all educational and professional backgrounds will benefit from.
- What's Next?
After completing Apprentice in Training, you are now able to register for the Technician course, as well as our Advanced Laser Treatment courses. You’ve got the foundation, let’s get you the hands-on practice!
- Why Choose Us?
At TLATA we are not just a school- we are a community. You can rest assured knowing that everyone on our staff has a real and genuine desire for each of our students to succeed. From this desire, our Career Services department was born! A portion of your Apprentice training curriculum will include Resume Building. But that’s not all! We have dedicated team members who will do everything they can to assure that when you leave us, you’re headed in the direction you want to go. We aim to help place all our graduates in work environments where they will continue to learn, grow and most importantly, love their career. After all, that’s why you’re here, right?
Access to Private Job Placement Networking Platform:
Designed by the owners of Texas Laser & Aesthetics Training Academy, Texas Laser Connects™ is a private networking site dedicated to connecting you with local and potential employers. The student will have the opportunity to create a profile that will be visible to registered employers in addition to browsing current job leads.
Other Benefits of Texas Laser Connects™
• Resume + Cover Letter Templates
• Ability to communicate and message employers directly
• Professional headshot opportunity 1x month
- LHR Laws and Regulations
Texas State LHR Laws & Regulations
Laser Hair Removal Law
Laser Hair Removal Administrative Rules
Laser Hair Removal Continuing Education
Laser Hair Removal Frequently Asked Questions
Verify a License
Federal Laws & Regulations
FDA Medical Device Reporting Laws
Call 512-865-5015 To Register