Course Tuition $1,000
Downloadable Training Materials Include:
- Laser Hair Removal: Consultation Form
- Laser Hair Removal: Contraindications
- Laser Hair Removal: Consent Forms
- Laser Hair Removal: Pre & Post Treatment Care
- Laser Hair Removal: Treatment Record
- Laser Hair Removal: Treatment Room Setup
- TLATA Training Manual
- List of Reference Materials
- Links to State and Federal Laws & Regulations
Available 6-Days a Week
Monday – Saturday 8am-8pm
This internship style (hands-on) training allows students to work around their personal schedule and register for training hours as they see fit. Students generally complete the required 100 procedures in 24-32 working hours. (3-4 full days)
- April: TBD
- May: TBD
- June 5 -20
- July 10- 25
- Course Description
What to Expect?
You’ve learned the theory behind lasers in our Apprentice Course, now let’s put that to use! Our LHR Technician program is the supervised hands-on training you need to become a licensed Laser Hair Removal Technician. Every day you come in you’ll be paired with an instructor who is ready to answer questions, provide demonstrations, and make sure you are comfortable doing treatments on a wide variety of real spa clients. This program is designed to feel like an internship, and the experience you gain here will set you miles apart once you leave.
The Laser Hair Removal training course is offered 6-days a week, including Saturdays. The program requires completing 100 LHR procedures to obtain a Laser Hair Removal Technician License. It is estimated that this 100-procedures will take 24-32 working hours to complete. This is dependent on the skill level and availability of the student. We provide the patients; facility and lasers-you just show and train for your new profession!
Due to the small class sizes, it is the student’s responsibility to sign up for their internship hours and they are encouraged to do so in advance as space is limited. After the first day of training, the student has 12 months to complete their 100 procedures.
Current Training Inventory
- Subjects Covered
• Patient Consultation/Skin Typing
• Medical Charting
• Laser Settings
• Pre and Post Laser Hair Removal Care
• Machine Maintenance and General Troubleshooting
• Laser Safety and Sanitation
- Why Choose Us?
A unique quality of our Technician program is the guarantee that you will leave us 100% confident with your Laser Hair Removal education. Why so sure? Unlike other programs you may find, we do not limit your hands-on training to just the 100 required body sites you need to get licensed. Our students are always welcome to come back to continue their hands-on until they are absolutely ready to use these modalities outside of our training facility. We put our stamp of approval on everyone who completes our program, and we want employers to know that when they interview a TLATA grad, they are interviewing the best. And no matter how long it’s been since you’ve left us, if you need to come back in for a refresher before an interview or treatment, you are always welcome here.
- LHR Laws and Regulations
Federal Laws & Regulations
Every individual who applies for a license with the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (“the Department”) is subject to a criminal background check to determine his or her suitability for the license. In 2009, the Texas Legislature enacted new provisions to allow a person to find out before applying whether he or she would likely be denied a license due to his or her criminal history. This was due to the time and expense involved in applying for a license, which in some cases includes completing required education and taking an examination. See Section 51.4012 and Chapter 53, Subchapter D, of the Occupations Code, which allow a person to request a criminal history evaluation letter from the Department, prior to actually applying for a license…
- Continuing Education
Fulfill the required Laser Hair Removal Continuing Education hours by participating in eight (8) hours of the Laser Hair Removal Technician program.
Each individual who holds an individual LHR certificate issued by the department shall obtain eight (8) hours of continuing education hours per certificate term to include, but not limited to, the following:
(1) refresher training in the topics specified in §118.26;
• LHR Device Safety
• Laser Physics
• Skin Typing
• Skin Reactions
• Treatment Protocols
• Eye Protection
• Post-Treatment Protocols
• Review of client’s pre-existing conditions to determine if consultation with a consulting physician is needed for possible diagnosis or treatment
• Review of client’s previous hair removal procedures by another modality
• Review of client’s current medications to determine if any medications need to be brought to the attention of the consulting physician based on established protocols
• Proper signage and posting
• Use of a LHR device
• Anesthesia used in conjunction with LHR procedures
(2) LHR technology updates;
(3) applicable regulatory changes; and
(4) other health and safety related topics